Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just walked into a pot of paint and has paint all

Customer Question

My dog just walked into a pot of paint and has paint all over paw on her feet! I have tried rinsing it with water but it hasn't come out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No there's no wound as far as I can see it's just all over her pads
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daisy and she's 10 she's a cross between a terrier and a boxer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Daisy?
Customer: She has a heart condition and is on water tablets and fortekor for her heart
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. I would try using some vegetable or mineral oil to loosen the paint because this is probably an oil based paint, and water will not remove it. You may have to get a more abrasive sponge to finish getting it off. I would then clean with something like Lava soap that is good at getting oily hands clean. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 28 days ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Daisy is doing and to see if you have any further questions.