Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Just grabbed a tizanadine but I chased him right as it

Customer Question

Just grabbed a tizanadine but I chased him right as it happened he spit it out and only a small amt dissolved if any. He is a 50 lb briard puppy. When I picked it up it still had scores to break in half but it was just wet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: bear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about bear?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

This is not a medication that we typically use in dogs, but fortunately just having it in his mouth should not be toxic to Bear. Keep an eye out for lethargy, being overly sleepy/non responsive, excitability, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. If you notice any symptoms that concern you, take him promptly to your vet for treatment. I imagine that you won't, but its worth keeping a close eye on him for the next 12-24 hours.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long before it would be out of system

As this medication is not used in dogs, the information available is limited. However, the effects of similar medications are usually witnessed the greatest in the first 6 hours. I would expect that if you have not witnessed any adverse effects by morning that you likely won't.