Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Maggie got into something last night it may have been

Customer Question

Maggie got into something last night it may have been chocolate we're not sure she's had diarrhea pretty much liquid every two 2 1/2 hours she coughs at our white phone nothing else she's very lethargic just wants to be right next to us should we go ahead and take her to the emergency that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so sorry to hear Maggie is having such a tough time! Yes if she is having diarrhea and coughing episodes it sounds like we have two different concerns and I would hesitate to allow her discomfort to continue for 12 hours until your veterinarian opens in the morning. With the coughing we want to rule out any issues with her lungs but also without drinking and the severity of the diarrhea I worry about dehydration

I would consider the er tonight to ensure she is stable and hopefully provide her some relief tonight from her symptoms.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!