Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My pup ate a hotel sized nutregena french mill soap. :( ...

Customer Question

my pup ate a hotel sized nutregena french mill soap. :( ... the bigger pup helped eat it too.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jax/3.5 months old...Herbie/11 months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Jax?
Customer: no- both healthy pups. Jax:34 lbs... Herbie: 50lbs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. For dogs to eat soap is a common incident, and in my experience soap { any brand } is not toxic to them in any way. I think the hotel size bars are very small in any case?

2. What may or may not happen is that your dogs will have a transient episode of vomiting but usually that will soon pass if it should occur, but I have never known this to be a cause for concern.

3. There are so special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on your dogs. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if either your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dogs are getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the soap incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 28 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?