Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our 23 pound cockapoo just ate about 3 capsules of

Customer Question

Our 23 pound cockapoo just ate about 3 capsules of calcitonin. 25Mcg Cape Heri
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I'm sorry, it is calcitrol, auto spell changed it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Daisy and she is 2 and a half. Very healthy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

It's best to induce emesis because overdose of that vitamin D analogue can result in hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, and hyperphosphatemia. Dose Daisy with 25 mL (one measuring tablespoon + 2 measuring teaspoons) of 3% hydrogen peroxide by means of a small poultry baster plced between her cheek teeth and cheek. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?