Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Dog is constantly scatching himself I know about fleas and

Customer Question

dog is constantly scatching himself I know about fleas and ticks mites and mange that sort of thing last vet I took him too said allergys but that wasn't it the shots the pills none of it worked now hes loosing all his fur like all the rest of the dogs in neighbor hood
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: boogie and hes about 6 or 7 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about boogie?
Customer: yes hes not alone most of the dogs in our neighbor hood are doing same thing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Boogie. Can you upload a photo(s) of him to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I need to see where he's losing fur. Such constant pruritis (itchiness) seen in so many nearby dogs suggests scabies.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?