Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had a urinary tract infection and my vet put him on

Customer Question

My dog had a urinary tract infection and my vet put him on Cephalexin, 250mg 3 times a day and he took it for 5 days and he will not eat. Yesterday I finally got him to eat 1 hot dog after 3 days and now he won't eat anymore. I have taken him off the med and wonder when will he eat?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Picard and he is daschund and chiuaua (SP?) mix
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Picard?
Customer: I took him to the vet because of loss of appetite, drinking 2-3 quarts of water a day and peeing so much he couldn't make it outside. Vet took temp, 104 felt around and said uTI never any problems until this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to learn Picard is not feeling well. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did your vet to do any testing like urinalysis, blood work or x-rays?

2- Is he still drinking a lot?

3- Did he have other symptoms besides drinking and urinating a lot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO he did not!
Not like before but more than normal.
Loss of appetite.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry I can not make a live call. But, I can answer your question on this thread. Or, I can opt out and allow another expert to help you. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a smart phone so I cannot tape to get an answer I can only do on line
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I am here. Are you saying that you would like another expert to call you? Or, I can type your answer here on this thread. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you! I cancelled my membership and will take my dog to a different vet!