Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We were playing and he bumped his eye into a wall. its a

Customer Question

we were playing and he bumped his eye into a wall. its a little swollen and clouded over
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: a daschund
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes. he's a dog
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: conan. 6
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about conan?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Conan. The clouding you're seeing can represent corneal edema but also more dangerous inflammation inside the globe of the eye such as could occur with either uveitis (inflammation of the iris and its attachments) or glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure). If only because eyes can "go south" in a hurry, Conan's vet will want to thoroughly examine that eye including fluoroscein staining of the cornea and assessment of intraocular pressure. Time is of the essence and so I encourage your having the exam performed at your earliest convenience.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?