Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has started vomiting over the last 3-4 days. She had

Customer Question

She has started vomiting over the last 3-4 days. She had been eating grass on occasion here and there but I have not noticed that lately. Day before yesterday, she ate her food and immediately yacked it up. It was almost all whole, a little foamy saliva. She is having BM's daily, normal and urinating daily anytime we take her out. She is out on an average every 3-4 hours is not sooner, more often once i'm home even though "dad" is home worker and states he takes her out when she comes to him. No diet changes, no unusual food EXCEPT "dad" shares his greenery from his salad, fruit on occasion (no grapes or raisins). We are budget controlled and vets here tend to run the gammit on tests every time we take her in She has all of her shots, she gets a bath monthly with flea and tick =heartworm meds without fail.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: She does have very dry skin and has been chewing on odccasion licking the areas. Chloe She is a Siberian husky, german sheparc, Rot and lab mix. Weighs approx. 95 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about german sheparc?
Customer: We have an rx for steroid spray to use on hot spots but have not used that for over last couple of weeks and only use it until the spot is no longer itching or red. Temp today was 100.5 by the ear as I did nothave a rectal thermometer. She is more Lab/husky than shepard. Before we start with the vet, I need to know if there is a charge to talk to the vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understood my $5 deposit was to get answers to this question, not the one time free question. I have paid the deposit. Will I be able to chat with the vet on this situation - if not, I need to take her in to a vet here and need a refund.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have also noticed she is laying on the cool tiles at the door or in the bathroom more often than normal. It is still hot ere during the day and cool at night which causes the air not to run so we use fans and turn down the ac to get her cool.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When we have been out on our walks, slow and easy lately, she is immediately tired and panting more than her easy walks usually cause. I believe she is definitely dehydrated although why I have no idea. She gulps water down as fast as we put it out lately. I worry about diabetes because I have had pets that have developed this but usually later in life.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is Chloe?
2) What does her normal diet consist of?
3) When dad shares his greens from the salad, do they include salad dressing?
4) Any diarrhea?
5) Any blood in the vomit?
6) Still eating well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No diarrhea, soft stool but normal color. No blood in vomit, just frothy saliva? wants to eat but when she eats within 15 mins she vomits everything. Food looks unchewed or barely chewed. He only gives lettuce without dressing but she threw that up too. Chloe is 3 1/2. Diet is purely just the Blue Buffalo dog food, once a day at night. She has been guzzling water lately, panting a lot and laying only on the cool tile floor
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has decided to take her to a vet here. Thank you

Customer service contacted.