Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

My dog has been throwing up for 2 or 3 days now. I just put

Customer Question

My dog has been throwing up for 2 or 3 days now. I just put food in front of her with peanut butter to see if she would eat and she refused. She is food driven and would normally attack anything with peanut butter. This is not like her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bebe
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Bebe?
Customer: She did have dental surgery over 2 weeks ago. They ran all her blood work & checked her for heartworm, gave her the usual shots and everything was normal. She just got off of her antibiotics last Wednesday .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bebe is an 8 year old pomeranian.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that Bebe is not feeling well and the best recommendation I could make would be to have her examined by a veterinarian as things have changed since her dental cleaning and surgery. Her current unwillingness to eat may or may not be related but I would expect that she would no longer be painful and this would not likely be cause of her reluctance to eat. Is she vomiting? Is she lethargic or showing any other signs of illness?

Unfortunately, I am unable to make phone calls at this time. I am happy to continue helping you through chat or if you prefer, I can opt out and have another expert call you if there is one available that can make phone calls.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is fine or me, I don't need a phone call at this time. I was able to get her to eat a little bit of brown rice & microwaved egg. I was hoping something bland and soft would appeal to her. So far so good she has not thrown it up and I would say she ate about 1/4 cup of the egg/rice combo. I did make a special bowl of water for her 50% water 50% unflavored pedialyte to help with any possible dehydration. She hasn't gone near it yet. I tried to take her on a walk to make her thirsty but she wanted nothing to do with walking. She is laying next to me being sleepy but it is nearly 11PM so thats normal. I guess I just need to monitor for another day or so.
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

If she continues to tolerate small amounts of food you can keep feeding her until she you have worked her up to her normal amount then wean her back on to her normal food. if she vomits again, however I recommend taking her to your vet tomorrow and having her examined to make sure nothing has come up since her dental surgery.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you for your advice.
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome. If you are satisfied with our conversation, please do not forget to rate it as I am not compensated for my time otherwise. If you have additional questions I can answer at this time, I am happy to do so.

Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie