Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

My German Shep ate 2 pieces carrot cake, Ben- approx2-3

Customer Question

my German Shep ate 2 pieces carrot cake
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ben- approx2-3 70-80 lbs
JA: How old is Ben-?
Customer: 2-3, rescue healthy
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Ben-?
Customer: he's so happy about this I gave him hydrogen perox and 1/2 t aprox salt-table salt-no vomit
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr.H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Ben ate 2 pieces of carrot cake. I don't see any real toxicity concerns here with carrot cake unless it had some chocolate in it?

You shouldn't need to induce vomiting. At the most he will have an upset stomach at which point you can offer a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice or cottage cheese.

If he hasn't vomited then that is ok, don't give any more hydrogen peroxide or table salt, which can most definitely cause issues in pets. Please offer him adequate amounts of water for the remainder of the day to help keep him hydrated.

- Dr. H

I see you had a chance to review my reply. Did you have any further questions or concerns for me at this time?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Drhollowayvet