Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just recently got hold of 1 each 200 mg of acyclovir.

Customer Question

My dog just recently got hold of 1 each 200 mg of acyclovir. I got it out of his mouth before he swallowed it. Is there any danger for him. He is about 15-17 pounds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No. How soon will I get a response. It is 11 PM central standard time and do not know whether I need to take him to an emergency hospital.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer. I am so sorry that no one reached out to you before now. How is your companion doing currently?