Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just recently sprayed adaptil on my dog to calm him down

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I just recently sprayed adaptil on my dog to calm him down but then I realised that instead of spraying it on his collar, I sprayed him to his body and I just realised I wasnt supposed to do this what effect will it have on him? and whether I should take any actions now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I have guests in the house at the moment, he usually jumps on them, now he's just busy playing with his toy (funny how it's the one toy that he usually never touches) and he keeps on making a squeeky sound every now and then while playing with the toy
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Champioin and he's 3.5 now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: just that behavior changes basically
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your concern with Champion! Has he been acting normally since you first posted your question?

Our main concern with spraying the adaptil spray directly on your dog is the fact that it is alcohol based, so it could be an issue if it got into his eye, into a wound or break in the skin, or if he licks off excessive amounts of the product.