Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I have a diabetic dog that receives 2 shots per day, 25

Customer Question

I have a diabetic dog that receives 2 shots per day, 25 units each. I was out of town tonight and my son did not give the injection which she normally gets around 6 p.m. I noticed that she seems restless, I don't know whether to go ahead and give her an injection now or wait until her regular time at 6 a.m.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry the dog has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lady and she was a stray which I have had approximately 15 years, when I took her in she had just had a liter of puppies, so I'm guessing around 16.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lady?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I would consider giving Lady 1/2 dose or 12 units now after a small meal to ensure that the glucose doesn't spike and if you are at all able to delay the morning dose by a few hours to make it more like 10 hours between injections that would be ideal (again with a meal).

Does this make sense? Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad you were able to view my responses, I am online another 10 minutes if I can be of any further assistance to you both

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.

You are very welcome, best of luck to you both the next 24 hours

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you

Good evening, I wanted to check in on your dog to get an update on how the past 24 hours have gone? I hope Lady is doing well!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I asked one question you guys charged me 4 times. If youvchatge me again for this response I will file charges.

I apologize for this error, I will send the question to customer service to address this issue. This has nothing to do with my answering your question so please do not rate negatively as a result. Hopefully my information was helpful last night...

You will not be able to respond again tonight, customer service will have the question locked...