Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 15-years-old-this-February lab suddenly wet herself, is

Customer Question

Hi! My 15-years-old-this-February lab suddenly wet herself, is lethargic and won't eat. When I fed her dinner - all was normal, then she stopped and tentatively took another couple of bites and that was it. I just tried to give her a big more and - though she did eat a small dog milk bone, she wasn't interested in the raw beef patty she usually eats. The reason I'm writing you instead of just packing her up and taking her somewhere, is that she's almost 15, and I'm not going to run her around to learn she needs rest, or had a little stroke (she's NOT unconcious or even totally non-responsive -- just subdued.) So - that's everything! Thanks!!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Roxy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxy?
Customer: She's on Rovera and Dasuquin. She had a vestibula incident a couple of months ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she been showing signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Was the urine dilute/watery or dark/odorous? A large or small volume?

Did she seem aware she had wet herself?

Has she been struggling to rise, walk, and maintain normal activity?