Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 12 yr. old Pom male that has loose bowels for the

Customer Question

I have a 12 yr. old Pom male that has loose bowels for the last two weeks. I've given him Immodium 1/2 tablet every 12 hrs. and ProPectalin. Nothing seems to work. He acts normal with everything else, eat drinking playing ect.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry. 12yr. old male Pomerain
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes. My Pom has loose bowel movement for the last 2 weeks.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about and ProPectalin?
Customer: I dont think so. The dosage is 3 units one at nite and one during the day
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

any new food or treats?

what is his current diet?

any access to free standing water, puddles, lakes, streams, anything like that?

any other meds or illness?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No meds , no new treats he eats 4 Health dog food, water comes from a bottle. I have a Yorkie that eats and drinks the same as he does.

thank you for that additional information. has he been to the vet recently and had and diagnostics yet?