Cambria Hurlimann
Cambria Hurlimann,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Skagit Animal Clinic
96742005

I brought my havanese to the vet the other day and she

Customer Question

Hi, I brought my havanese to the vet the other day and she received shot "rabies and bordatella ". /she was also groomed. The next day and since the (day 3) she is lathargec wining and wants to be on my lap! This is not like her at all
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lila 1yr and 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lila?
Customer: Finishing her heat cycle and was cut short due to fleas and mattung
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Cambria Hurlimann replied 7 months ago.

I'm Dr. Cami and I am happy to try to help you with your questions. I am so sorry that Lila is feeling poorly. My first suspicion is that the vaccines (Rabies or Bordatella if it was the injectible version) are making her lethargic. Another possibility that comes to mind is that she pulled a muscle or hurt her back while being groomed. The other thing that would be a small consideration would be something related to her heat cycle, however this is not high on my list as she is such a young dog, and problems with the reproductive cycle generally dont affect younger animals. Because this situation has been going on for several days, it is my recommendation that you have her examined by a vet. The examination would show if she is running a fever, or if she has obvious muscle or back pain, as well as monitoring her vital signs. Since she is uncomfortable (whining makes me think she is in discomfort) they would be able to give her an appropriate medication to help relieve her discomfort.

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have. Good Luck with you girl.

Dr. Cami

oops, I meant to say, Good luck with your girl.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you and yes I'm going to call vet tomorrow

Great, that sounds like the best plan. If she is not eating, not drinking, vomiting, having difficulty breathing, or deteriorates at all, please have her examined today.

I'd love to have an update on Lila's condition once she has been examined.

Also, when it is convenient for you, would you please take a moment to rate my consult, I only receive credit for my advice once a positive rating of 3 stars is received.

Best Regards,

Dr. Cami

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cambria Hurlimann