Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is losing hair on his neck I have removed his collar

Customer Question

my dog is losing hair on his neck I have removed his collar and it seems that the hair is not growing back
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?
Is he scratching or itching this area?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
area is behind his ears on the neck and no he does not seem to to be scratching the skin looks some what normal there was som pimple like when it sratred and the local vet swees them out and they have not came back . Welive in Fl part time and that is when it started vet there said maybe some kind of alergeery(I don't spell) he just with though a dose of Primor 800 I think this his his second time with this drug. Local vet does not what it is?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you,

Can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what is the email address
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have pics ready where do i send
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

We cannot provide an email as it is against website policy, but again the paperclip button on this page is for uploading photos. Or you can upload them to any site and paste the link here for me to follow.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
zxi am setting up a flicker acount now please give me some time
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

No worries,

I will keep an eye out for your next post.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Dr. I finally got a Flicker account I am uploading Photos now will get back to you when done
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the one of Buddy's neck is there how do you get to see it now?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

That is great, just copy/paste the page link for the photo here for me to follow.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay i sent it from i phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did u get it?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

No, I cannot see any link here from you. Can you resend it (just paste the www. address for me).

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I give up I just don't know how to do this stuff anymore