Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is blind in one eye by gluecoma but I still use the

Customer Question

my dog is blind in one eye by gluecoma but I still use the pressure eye drops to control any pain, I do this so I don't have to have his eye removed, is this right
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kori
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kori?
Customer: I use Lantoprost three times a day to control the pressure in the blind eye, is this right
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your problems with Kori. You are correct in that in some cases, we will continue to use drops such as Latanaprost in dogs with glaucoma who have lost their vision to attempt to keep the eye pressure under control in order to control pain and discomfort. Oftentimes we will just go ahead and remove the eye if it is no longer visual, but in some cases the discomfort cant be controlled by continuing topical medications.