Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Bleeding from the anus and a red swollen mass at the anus,

Customer Question

Bleeding from the anus and a red swollen mass at the anus
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Overweight, 10 year old Pembroke Corgi who is a rescue animal, who has been eating spam and living in someones back yard
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Pembroke?
Customer: The bleeding is not dripping or anything but when I wipe his rear because he has very bad diarrhea mostly what I get is blood.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is this the first time that this has happened? Any problems with anal glands in the past?