Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Earlier he was making a hacking sound and throwed up a cple

Customer Question

Earlier he was making a hacking sound and throwed up a cple times. Its lik he's chocked and cant get it up?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: He ate steak leftovers and a cple of steaks were ribeye steak that had the bone with it.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brownie, 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about brownie?
Customer: Not that I know of I know he was enjoying the steak leftovers and 2 bones, but I retrieved one of the bones and took it away.he seems to be breathing okay he just starts that hacking noise an to me it dounds lik he's choking or trying to get something up that doesn't belong? ,I don't know what to do ? What signs should I look for if he is an what can I do to help him?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

There are some home remedies that can help reduce the cough and give relief

1.) The steam of the shower when the cough is severe or constant

2.) A little honey three times daily can help soothe the lungs

3.) If you have a humidifier or nebulizer that would also be wonderful to use in this situation
4.) Feed 1 piece of bread per 15 pounds and repeat in 1 hour if the cough continues

It is possible that the bone caused some irritation as it passed through the esophagus and is causing the cough but it is also possible it is lodged in there so using the bread will help move it through if this is the case.

I hope this information makes sense! If the cough is productive or not resolving I would advise a veterinary exam to ensure antibiotics are not warranted or the foreign body doesn't remain in Brownie. In addition if there is development of lethargy or a reduced appetite then it would be best to have a veterinary exam.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Brownie feeling? I would love an update when you are able!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never ask these questions and any way I have a st. Banard. Hes not an inside dog! Im very confused?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to be taken off this site... how do u all have my card information?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to speak to someone about this matter , because I have not contacted you in anyway ,an the only card I have is a child support card and sometimes there's money and sometimes there's not and I need that money !!!!!, I am a single mom who just lost her job., and I want to.be yaken off as a member u have my card information etc.I am EXTREMELY UPSEY ABOUT THIS!!!!!! It just popped up on my phone!?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My dogs name is ***** ***** lik a great program, but I didn't call u about our dog.... its great tberes a place to do that and I will keep this site in mind, but dr. I assure you there has been a mistake in this situation!!! I am concerned about how you all have my card information#! Are you billing me for someone else's animal!!??
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman

I apologize, your information was listed as a question on the site so I will send the question to customer service to discuss removing your card from the site. Please bear with the process but it will be handled promptly and you will not be able to respond in this format again because it will be closed...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR REMOVING ME , MY CARD AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE ON FILE !! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!

I hope that the customer service department has contacted you and resolved this issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope ive not heard anything so far, but I am glad there is a site on here for customers that need help. We love our dog!! , so im glad there is someone to turn to in a crisis!!!

I am so sorry no one has contacted you, that is very frustrating! I will resend and hope for the best...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! I would just keep my information on , but I don't even have a credit card its a child support card, amd my ex husband doesn't lik to pay, so when I do receive money I need it for my son!! Actually this is why I don't have a credit card, because ive been a person of identity theft several times , so I guess I assumed without a credit card or even a checking account I would be fine....I guess not?. I really wish I could stay on as a member you guys do seem like you have everyone's especially the animals in your best interest!!!