Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a fifteen year old dog who was eating buy not want

Customer Question

I have a fifteen year old dog who was eating buy not want eat. It has not eating anything since Friday. She had been going diaharea and the vet gave her medicine. It is firm now. Now she is sleeping all most all the time, she gets up to go do her business. I have been trying to coax her to eat but she spits it out. I have spent money at the vet. Blood panel if fine, no parasites or heartworms. I do not know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Blossom
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blossom?
Customer: The only thing I can think of maybe her teeth or hurting her. But I have been making her food soft and she was eating, now she is not.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

Is she drinking her normal amount? Will she eat a treat or people food like cheese, peanut butter, or lunch meat?