Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Just got a new 8 week old puppy who when we brought her home

Customer Question

Just got a new 8 week old puppy who when we brought her home she was playful and full of energy and would eat all normal activities. Her stoll was a bit soft but then the following day was normal and then went back to soft. We did change her food from what she had been eating so we thought that was the issue. Then last night she threw up her food but not constally and would not eat and became very tired. This morning same thing no longer wanted to eat is tired but did get up and potty not throwing up but no energy. she has had her first round of shots and is scheduled for the next group in one week. We got her from a private party and she is a maltipoo and is very small.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?