Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My two dogs, a and a Pom a poo have fleas that are resistant

Customer Question

My two dogs, a ***** ***** and a Pom a poo have fleas that are resistant to Frontline Plus, Flea Baths and flea Sprays. What would you recommend?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Teddy the Pomapoo is 12 years old, and Aleah, the ***** *****, is 10 yrs old and blind from Glaucoma.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teddy?
Customer: He has always been itchy, but he is now chewing off hair in patches, and Aleah has sore spots all over from chewing.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about this flea problem. Nature is always adapting and it is was only a mater of time before fleas start to become more resistant to some of the flea products out there that once were so effective. What is my best recommendation is to stop by your vet's office so they can dispense either an oral or another topical that they carry. Honestly, there are a lot of very good and safe products out there - but they are available through your vet. Bravecto is one of the newer products that has been used very effectively. Here is a link on it.

http://us.bravecto.com/?&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=bravecto%20for%20dogs&utm_campaign=BRAVECTO+Branded_Exact&utm_content=DZSld2lq|dc_pcrid_75591426802225_pkw_bravecto%20for%20dogs_pmt_be__group_General

Your vet may or may not carry this. They honestly will carry something that should be effective and safe.