Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He keeps coughing. the past owners said that he would choke

Customer Question

He keeps coughing. the past owners said that he would choke on his hair but I don't believe that is the problem. now he has a runny nose and us sneezing with the cough. He is breathing raspy. I believe he hasaid a cold with the cough
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is an Alaskan husky that is 6. HIS name nakita
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about nakita?
Customer: No. that's all I know. We rescued him about a month ago. He must have already been doing this based on what they told me about him choking on his hair
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

What color is the nasal discharge? Is it from one or both nostrils?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?