Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is an older boxer. She slipped going down the steps off

Customer Question

She is an older boxer. She slipped going down the steps off the bed. Her dew claw is sticking out. It might just be scraped she doesn't want to put weight on the paw.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** probably 11 or 12 years old. She's licking the paw and I know it hurts
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Martina?
Customer: She is on pain meds for a bad hip. Ha ape tin and Novox I have some tramadol from another dog and she's had recent blood work and exam so I know her heart is ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion doing currently? Can you attach a picture of the dewclaw? Is she still avoiding usage?