Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has been itching and I thought it was fleas but she has

Customer Question

She has been itching and I thought it was fleas but she has no fleas. Her skin has become red and inflamed and within eight hours had spread throughout her whole side of her body and is bleeding
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is a 7 year old pomeranian and she is weak and won't eat but will drink water and her urine is dark
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Is the area moist or odorous? Any pus?

Did she run through any plants or was she in contact with any sprays/powders/house treatments/pesticides/etc?

Any changes to her breathing?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

How long has her urine been dark?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.