Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

13 y/o female with urinary urgency, frequency and now

Customer Question

13 y/o female with urinary urgency, frequency and now accidents in the house. It is not a UTI. She was just worked up for this a month ago, she was started on antibiotics while we were awaiting urine culture results which where negative for any UTI. Single view Xray was negative for stones. I am planning on calling my vet again in the am but am wondering what else I should be asking about/for?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is my?
Customer: How old is my question?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about my?
Customer: She had antibiotic resistant UTI's a year ago but it resolved with Beytral, that is what we treated her presumed UTI with this time has well(but it wasn't). She is currently on: Proviable(probiotic), D-Mannose powder(UTI prevention) Metacam(arthritis), Prozac(anxieity), Zonisamide(for seizure control) and Clorazapate(seizure) with Trazadone and Acepromazine as needed for separation anxiety when I leave the house for work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help or you've already been able to contact your vet. We need to still consider a bacterial UTI because it's been a month since her culture was negative, we need to consider radiolucent stones (stones that aren't revealed by X-rays), and we need to consider transitional cell carcinoma of her bladder/urethra. The more sensitive ultrasound of her urinary tract is indicated at this time (as well as another complete urinalysis +/- culture). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?