Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have two Boston Terriers, Cille and Maxi. Cille is being

Customer Question

I have two Boston Terriers, Cille and Maxi. Cille is being treated for a stomach virus, severe diaherra and vomitting. Maxi has now started with the diaherra. But Maxi is on potassium bromide, phenobarbital, meds for congestive heart failure and arthritis meds. Is it safe to give him the same meds for diaherra as Cille?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dogs, Boston Terriers.
JA: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Boston Terriers eat anything unusual?
Customer: No that is what is so puzzling. These are my babies. The only thing I can think of is the water. We were under a boil water order because of the hurricane and I did. And yes it is the spray kind of diaherra.
JA: How old is Boston Terriers?
Customer: 13
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boston Terriers?
Customer: Cille is not the sickly one. Max grand mall seizures, arthritis and congestive heart failure.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What medications (and milligrams) were started for Cille's signs?

What does Maxi weigh?