Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.
I'm sorry for this concern for your dog but happy to reassure you that he's likely to be just fine. The good news is that there is very little insecticide in these baits so that toxicity issues are rarely a concern....even if he ate the whole thing. You may see some mild vomiting, but the biggest risk would be a foreign body if the plastic was ingested. But it doesn't sound as if that's something we need to worry about.
I wouldn't expect any other symptoms to develop other than vomiting which he should already have done by now especially if he the encounter with the trap occurred some hours ago.
I hope this helps to reassure you. Deb
You're more than welcome. I'm always happy to be the bearer of good news in situations such as this:)
Kind regards, Deb