PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My GS is 2.7 yrs old her cycles are not punctual. She has

Customer Question

My GS is 2.7 yrs old her cycles are not punctual. She has had 1 a year so far.
Right now she is bleeding but the vulva is not swollen. I have plans to breed her one time and I am wondering if it is still okay to breed her now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If she is receptive to a male, yes, she can be bred as she is old enough to breed at this time. Some females have "quieter" heat cycles than others, which may be why you're seeing some but not all of the typical cycle symptoms. If she is not receptive to a male during this heat cycle, try again during her next obvious heat cycle to see if she is receptive at that time. If concerns persist, you may need to visit with a reproductive specialist to determine the cause of her infrequent and quiet heat cycles.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, Robin. Can I help you any further regarding when to breed your girl?