Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just started flinching for no reason, he was just

Customer Question

hi - my dog just started flinching for no reason
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: he was just laying there, then all of a sudden he would full-body flinch every 10-15 secs.... he got up and walked around a bit, looks kinda scared or confused
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Herc, 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about herc?
Customer: no, it's just a bit weird
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Herc. How is he doing now? Is he awake and alert? Is it like a whole body jerk or temor? What was happening just before this occurred? Any vomiting or other problems? Please give me any additional information you have and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.

Hi there I will be going off line for a bit so if you still need help with Herc let me know but please be patient - I will reply as soon as I am back.