Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 9 year old Pitt has been already diagnosed with cancer

Customer Question

My 9 year old Pitt Bull has been already diagnosed with cancer but has developed a new tumor on her tummy that is small very dark red that bleeds...how bad is that?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 9 year old pitt bull dog
JA: OK. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the bull's name?
Customer: cookie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about cookie?
Customer: She has a tumor by here nipple and one on her paw that have been checked and disgnosed as cancer....the vet said it was aggressive cancer that tends to go to the lungs....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My 9 year old pittbull already diagnosed with cancer has developed a new tumor on her belly small but very dark red that is bleeding...my vet is away...how serious is this

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This other tumor may not be the same as the first one. I suspect that the one on Cookie's toe is a Melanoma which is very serious but the one by her nipple may merely be a benign skin mass and when they ulcerate, they will continue to bleed until it is removed. It would be best to have this one removed and biopsied to be sure. It may be able to be removed under a local and if not, it will continue to bleed and make a mess.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that makes sense....the vet I took her too was positive the one on her paw was definitely cancer and the one by her nipple came back highly probably....theses tumors do not seem to cause any pain but this new one seems sore?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello

Since this last one is painful and is bleeding, it must be removed or it will keep bleeding until it is removed. This is the best way....then you will know for sure. Cookie's age and breed makes her susceptable to these masses.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta