Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog, part collie and rotweiller, keep getting these

Customer Question

My dog, part collie and rotweiller, keep getting these raised patches on his nose the size of a dime and then they disappear within a half hour.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the collie's name and age?
Customer: Rocky, a male and he just turned 1 at the end of august
JA: How old is Rocky?
Customer: one
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?
Customer: I do take him for walks in the woods on the weekends and in an open huge field every morning. But he has been treated for fleas and I do a belly and leg check every morning. No signs of a flea
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He just had a cut on the pad of his foot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rocky. Are these raised patches itchy for him?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

These sound like some kind of allergic reaction, or hives. You can try Benadryl, at 1 milligram per pound of body weight (25 mg for 25 pound dog), every 8 to 12 hours.

What flea product did you use?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
advantage
They do not seem to bother him at all other than he does not like me to touch them
The first person asked if he had any foot injury - any relation - he did recently have a cut on the pad of his foot
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

The first "person" was not a person; it was an auto answer from the website which often asks "if there is a wound on the foot". A cut pad might cause limping, but should not be related to these lumps on the nose.

How much does he weigh? You could see if Benadryl or another antihistamine helps.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! Can I help with anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?