Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My 14 year old dog has been panting all night does not stop

Customer Question

My 14 year old dog has been panting all night does not stop only to swallow. The house is cool and temperature outside is about 65,now in Florida,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Constant panting can happen with fear or pain , not necessarily due to heat.

If you know of no changes in her life that has stressed or frightened her then given her age I would suspect something to do with health.

What I would do is take her vital signs to check if this is an emergency. Check gum color, capillary refill time , and temperature.

I will direct you to a site to take you through this.

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/nursing-care-for-sick-dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs-heart-rate-breathing-rate-and-temperature

If all of those check out okay and this does not go away I would seek a hands on exam by your Vet.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
DakotaSouthFive