Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog looks to have a red penis-like protrusion in her

Customer Question

Hi. My dog looks to have a red penis-like protrusion in her vulva. It can only be seen when the folds are separated. She is 11 and was spayed as a puppy. She has recently had very minor urine discharge. Vet did not look at vulva (saw him 2 weeks ago, saw inflammation tonight), but diagnosed her with incontinence.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

What treatments did her vet start?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.