Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

It was a highlighter and he didn't swallow any part of it

Customer Question

it was a highlighter and he didn't swallow any part of it but he sure looks funny. it 30 minutes. he is a 67 pound 8 month old golden retriever
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: kirby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about kirby?
Customer: nope healthy and up to date on everything
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sounds good I looked up the sharpie website and the markers are non toxic and he didn't swallow any of it so I am hopeful this will not be an issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not really i think i can follow your written reply

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Good news! the contents of highlighter pens are non toxic, the only problems I see is when the dogs swallow parts of the housing but this is not an issue in your case so Kirby should be just fine. You can remove any staining on his fur with repeated washing with the likes of Dove, but this should fade on it's own given time.

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Kirby's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you

No problem, very glad to be advising you ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Scott,

I am just checking back in to see how Kirby is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the highlighter incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he is doing fine thank you for your help

Great news! Thanks so much for the feedback ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.
Hi Scott,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?