Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has a semi large lump under his eye, Duke 12, He's a lab

Customer Question

He has a semi large lump under his eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Duke 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Duke?
Customer: He's a lab pit mix, so Idk if its just something his breed gets
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

A lump under the eye should trigger examination of Duke's maxillary teeth arcade for a fractured 4th premolar or 1st molar which is now abscessed and the infection has fistulated through bone to under the eye. There are other causes of lumps, however. Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.