Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

I have a 10 year old beagle who has some loose teeth in the

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old beagle who has some loose teeth in the front bottom. The larger teeth seem fine. His gums look good but his breath is terrible and always has been but seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do at home.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. KV. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question right now and will respond to you in just a moment...

Dental issues can be very serious, especially if you are noticing a bad smell and seeing loose teeth. Your dog needs a complete dental evaluation by your vet and extraction of bad teeth, including the loose teeth. There is not much you can do at home for him now, as his mouth may have painful teeth that could be causing infection. However, after his mouth is fully examined and all the bad teeth are removed, you can safely start a home care program to maintain healthy teeth and gums.