Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate 40 to 50 Cosequin DS pills - the bottle is

Customer Question

my dog ate 40 to 50 Cosequin DS pills - the bottle is mangle. Also, she tore apart a 6 oz package of Friskies cat treats (almost full) and ate that. She vomited (included bile) and had diahrrea. (came home to this so don't know what time it actually happened) She would not eat anything tonight but is drinking water. She is a 72 lb. Australian Shepherd.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She probably ate the packaging on the Frisklies because I can't find that.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long since she ate all this?

2- Did she eat part of the bottle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure - Igot home and she had already eaten the pills and the cat treats. She vomited pills and liquid in the living room and had diarrhea The bottle is intact - not sure where the cap is. I think she ate the packing on the Friskies cat treats.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
or call at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do I need to take the dog to emergency?

I am sorry, I can not make a live call. I will opt out so another expert can help you.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.

I will be glad to call you on the phone ...

Dr Scott