My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
I'm so sorry to hear about Vinnie. Unfortunately, without diagnostic testing it is difficult to determine the actual cause. An intervertebral disc that has slipped or ruptured up into the spinal canal causes inflammation of the spinal cord, which in severe cases causes paralyses of the rear legs. You can read about this here:
Large dog breeds sometimes suffer from a condition called degenerative myelopathy which can also cause problems with the rear legs and paralyses. You can read about this here:
Tramadol is a pain reliever and often used for dogs with degenerative myelopathy. Unfortunately, if this is degenerative myelopathy, the dog does generally go downhill quite fast and can reach the end stage of the disease in as little as 3 months. The following site lists ways you can help your dog.
I can give you a list of sites that may help with vet bills.
Veterinary Bill Assistance Programs:
1. The Big Hearts Fund: http://bigheartsfund.org/
2. Cats in Crisis: http://www.catsincrisis.org/
3. Diabetic Cats In Need: http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/
4. The Dog And Cat Cancer Fund: http://www.dccfund.org/
5. Frankie's Friends: http://www.frankiesfriends.com/
6. Handicapped Pets Foundation: http://hpets.org/
9. The Mosby Foundation: http://themosbyfoundation.org/
10. The Onyx and Breezy Foundation: http://www.onyxandbreezy.org/
11. Paws 4 A Cure: http://www.paws4acure.org/
12. The Pet Fund: http://thepetfund.com/
13. Pets-DC: http://www.petsdc.org/
14. Shakespeare Animal Fund: http://www.shakespeareanimalfund.org/
This site may have additional resources as well.
I wished I had better news for you. Perhaps one of the above organizations would help with testing costs so you have a better idea of what you are treating.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.