Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is a 14 year old Schnauzer. I keep up with his shots

Customer Question

Good afternoon. My dog is a 14 year old Schnauzer. I keep up with his shots and he is currently on Cosimin D for dogs and a dog aspirin for his arthritis. The vet did some range of motion tests and he did well. My concern is that I notice two raised bumps while he was being shaved. Schnauzer's have "schnauzer bumps" which are normal but this is a little bigger. I feel bad for him because obviously at his age its difficult to move around as quickly a before. Should I be concerned about the two bumps I noticed on his legs?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these bumps to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you receive the picture?

Yes, please give me a moment to look at it.

Thank you, ***** ***** affected area is obscured by his haircoat. The hair on this area needs to be shaved away to better assess what those bumps represent. Unless you're able to do so, a groomer or vet tech can do this for you. I would be pleased to look at his skin once that's accomplished.