Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 6 month husky just ate a dead mole we think was killed by

Customer Question

My 6 month husky just ate a dead mole we think was killed by a cat. What do we do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. If you are sure that the mole was killed by a cat then this would not be a serious situation, a few dogs might the experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but that's about it. In this case all you need do is to keep an eye on Skye.

2. However if there is any chance that the mole died because of mole poison having been laid down then one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the mole carcase that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

3. However if you do not induce vomiting and any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a an ER vet without delay. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Skye's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Skye is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the mole incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.