Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital
70197007

I was looking around to see what a good dose of eleuthero

Customer Question

I was looking around to see what a good dose of eleuthero might be for my pug. he has cancer and is on prednisone. i think he could use some adrenal support. also, thought it was wrecking his stomach but it turned out to be chicken (which I usually hadn't given him). She said I could d=go from 10 mg a day to 5 mg a day. Im thinking I might alternate 10 and 5 for a while. He's had different doses and has just been through a lot lately. My goal is to help him even out in terms of his gut and also in his energy before the inevitable decline happens. thats the long story.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Yogi, 10.5 years. pug.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Yogi?
Customer: No.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will need to find a veterinarian in your area that practices chinese herbal medicine. The difficulty is that most of us do not use those herbs and do not know how it interacts with other medications.

If you visit this website https://www.tcvm.com/ it should list all veterinarians who have completed the program and can better advise with that herb.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Christi Belew