Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 35 lb dog licked laundry detergent on the floor - -about

Customer Question

My 35 lb dog licked laundry detergent on the floor - -about 4-5 licks - is this ok? He drank some water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bandit 3 1/2 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bandit?
Customer: I No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. My experience is that a few licks of laundry detergent are not likely to be toxic to Bandit or affect him in any serious way. A few dogs may perhaps experience a minor transient bout of vomiting and or / diarrhoea but that's about it. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on him.

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Bandit's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Bandit is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the detergent incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.