Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Last night upon returning home, Lucy vomitted/poop 4-5 times

Customer Question

Last night upon returning home, Lucy vomitted/poop 4-5 times and was walking dizzy and in circles. This morning not eating, little water and vomitted once again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is just turned 13yrs old, is a schauzer/poodle mix 'Schnoodle' has a crusty/itchy rash condition and is on RX kidney food. Lucy also has cataracts.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 6 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am sorry to hear Lucy is experiencing this. But I have a few further questions to try to help understand what is going on and provide you the best answers to your question. Unfortunately her symptoms are vague and could indicate one of a long list of potential problems. A few further questions:

1) Is she on any medications other than the renal diet?

2) Does she currently have a head tilt to one side and is she still circling (or falling over) when walking?

3)Do her eyes appear normal (not moving abnormally)?

4) With regard to her kidneys, is she is renal failure and when was her last blood pressure check?

5) Is she still vomiting and/or has she developed diarrhea?

Thank you for answering a few more questions.