Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just felt a large lump on my dogs neck that wasn't there

Customer Question

I just felt a large lump on my dogs neck that wasn't there earlier. She got her yearly shots five days ago but on the other side of her neck. She was groomed yesterday. She is a six year old yorkie
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lilly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lilly?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is this llump at the back of the neck or under the jaw?

Is it firm, fluidy, warm, or sore to the touch?

How large is it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.