John Clark
John Clark,
Experience:  Owner/Operator/DVM at John Clark
86122103

My dog Massac was diagnosed with an aggressive tumor in his

Customer Question

My dog Massac was diagnosed with an aggressive tumor in his mouth. We (including our vet) thought it was a tooth that was abscessed. They gave him 4 to 8 weeks. It has been 10 weeks now. He is on Vetrofen 75mg (1 q 12hrs), Tramadol 50mg (3 q 8hrs, but I give him 1 every 3-4hrs, and two at betime). My question is can I give him Canna Pet (cbd) with these other two meds. He has a terrific appitite and plays with my other dog and even snuggles up to my cats. Massac is 12 yrs old and weighs approximately 60 pounds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Massac?
Customer: I don't think so. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  John Clark replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am the veterinarian. I do not see why not? It is a safe Holistic Medication and can help. However, the medications you are on:

1. Carprofen 75mg (vetprofen) is an anti-inflammatory medication

2. Tramadol 50mg is a pain medication

...seem to be taking care of the immediate problem. If he has a terrific appetite and is going to the bathroom regularly and you are monitoring the mass in his mouth then you can introduce it as the situation begins to deteriorate and his appetite falls away.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. If he wasn't doing so well I certainly wouldn't let him suffer but every extra day I get with him is a blessing. One day at a time! Thanks again!

You are welcome. Take care.