Dr.  Levinson
Dr. Levinson, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  17 years of experience in small animal medicine
95161809

My pit has liquid diaphragm had called vet 2 days ago and

Customer Question

My pit bull has liquid diaphragm had called vet 2 days ago and was told to give 3 2mg immoiuda tablets twice a day. With yogurt. But she will not eat yogurt diarrhea has slowed down but still liquid. Will eat her dog food and does drink a little water. Is resting a lot
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Levinson replied 3 months ago.

hi there my name is*****

Do you mean liquid diarrhea? Is there any blood or mucous in it and is she straining to defecate? Is she up to date on her vaccines? So she'll take the immodium but not the yogurt?

If she won't eat the yogurt I'd take her off her dog food and start feeding her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken or boiled beef or tofu and rice. Or if not rice than boiled potato. Something bland, boring and easy to digest until her stools firm up a bit. How is she acting? Still herself or lethargic?