Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My Boxer has always had a bump on her head since birth....

Customer Question

My Boxer has always had a bump on her head since birth.... it's really like a cluster of 3. They do not seem to hurt and about 2 years ago vet did aspiration that was fine should we just leave it alone or have it removed?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Piper, her brother had it as well and his owner, my parents cut his open and it got infected and he's had several vet trips of opening ans coming back
JA: Is Piper bleeding a lot?
Customer: It has never bled People just always make comments, really bothers me not her
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Piper?
Customer: No she's very healthy will be 5 next wek, very active
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

If Piper's bumps have been found to be non-cancerous, aren't causing her bother, and not growing in size (which can lead to skin ulceration and infection), then we'd not have to remove these for Piper. Doing so would just be cosmetic at this point. Of course, if they were to ever cause her bother or grow so it stretches the skin over it, then we'd want' to have them removed. Or if she is every under anesthesia for another issue you could considering having them removed for her. Otherwise, based on what you have noted we'd not rush to take these off since they aren't causing her any issue.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )